This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco area is seeking a Special Education Teacher to start August 8, 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Must possess at least a valid and active intern level mild to moderate special education credential; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Has recent experience working in classroom of ED children and understand the etiologies of students who have anxiety, attention, mood dysregulation and specific learning challenges.
- Has practical knowledge of Core Curriculum, Universal Design for Learning, Differentiated Instruction and have implemented these instructional approaches in previous work environments.
- Has experience preparing and presenting Individual Educational Plans (IEP’s).
- Comfortable using new technologies (SMARTboards, document cameras, Zoom, etc.) and incorporating emergent software.
More about this role
- After thorough review of records, develop strong working knowledge of each student’s learning challenges, from which IEP goals are formulated and appropriate instructional supports and materials are employed to facilitate progress.
- Monitor each student’s progress on their IEP goals by constructing a portfolio of each child’s work over time, periodically reviewing it with the child/parent and by administering formal and informal testing.
- Conduct three formal parent – teacher conferences per year and update parents on student’s engagement and progress via e-mail or phone at least once every two weeks.
- Prepare annual IEP goals and objectives and then update in October, February and May.
- Present performance updates & proposed goals at 30 day, annual, and triennial IEP meetings. Attend other IEP meetings as requested.