This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking a Department Chair, Visual Arts for an August 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience
More about this role
- In conjunction with the Assistant Head of School and division heads, determine student placement and faculty allocations
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Head of School, division heads, Director of Innovative Teaching and Learning, and deans
- Serve as an advisor, provide lunch supervision, host office hours, chaperone field trips and outdoor education, participate in committees, and other duties, as assigned