This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a Director of STEAM Innovation(PK-8)/STEAM Faculty to start July 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA in Science Education, Engineering, or in a related field. A Master’s in education or Science is preferred.
- At least 3 years of teaching Middle School Science/Robotics is required. Additional experience teaching the STEM field is strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred.
- Experience and training in PYP, MYP and/or IB Diploma is preferred.
- Experience teaching in other international or bilingual schools preferred.
More about this role
- Teach a combination of Science/Robotics/STEAM classes.
- Develops, and oversees the STEAM curriculum in alignment with our IB programs to ensure that students receiving relevant, stimulating and enriching experiences.
- Lead Middle School and Lower School Robotics teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues to plan, share teaching ideas, and look at student work.