This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Chorus and Musical Theater Director / Music Teacher to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree a plus, in Music Education or Vocal Performance from a competitive college or university.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience leading elementary, middle or high school chorus, musical theater.
- Experience with and/or certified in Orff-Schulwerk, Kodály, or Dalcroze.
- Valid California teacher credential or equivalent from out of state preferred; will consider professional experience in lieu of credential.
More about this role
- Directs school musicals in collaboration with Drama and Dance departments.
- Coordinates and directs chorus concerts throughout the year.
- Responsible for the chorus’ appearance, sound and delivery.
- Increases the skill set of elementary and middle school students to further understand music concepts, music performance, the performing arts, the history of music, and the role of music in other disciplines.
- Plans and is responsible for the chorus’ performance, including behavior, at all concerts, programs, activities, and on all field trips and tours.