This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Monterey County area is seeking a History Department Chair to begin August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA in history or related field, with an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of teaching experience at the secondary level, with leadership experience preferred.
- Ability to teach the breadth of the high school history curriculum, including world history, U.S. history, and upper level electives.
More about this role
- Lead ongoing curriculum reviews to create vertical alignment within the department and horizontal continuity across the school program.
- Lead regular department meetings to develop best practices and help colleagues stay abreast of innovative, research-informed teaching pedagogies.
- Foster a strong sense of collegiality and collaboration within the history department.
- Serve as an advisor to approximately 10 students.
- Co-advise Model United Nations or assist with the Global Studies program.