This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks an Elementary Teacher to begin August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience teaching in an independent school is preferred.
- Fluency in MS Office Suite and Google Suite required; proficiency with Mac; comfortable with technology or demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with Singapore Math and Reading and Writing Workshop preferred.
More about this role
- Teach math, social studies, language arts and developmentally appropriate study skills to approximately 22 students in a self-contained classroom.
- Monitor and impact student progress and effectively communicate with parents through a variety or platforms, including scheduled parent-teacher conferences and report cards.
- Organize and accompany students on field trips. Coordinate co-curricular activities with room parents and colleagues. Support schoolwide events and promote school-home and school-community partnerships.
- Coordinate, review and develop lesson plans and curriculum maps with grade-level colleagues under the direction of the lower school director.
- Fulfill supervisory duties, attend meetings, engage in professional development and participate on committees as assigned by the lower school director.