This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an Elementary School Teacher to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- High School diploma (or GED)
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject from an accredited university
- Active California Teaching Credential preferred, but not required
- CPR certification required
- Current fingerprinting and pass the licensing requirement with government authorities
- Flexibility to handle changing priorities and needs
- Effectively and professionally interact with all the constituencies involved in the school
- Ability to “think on my feet” and work in a “fast-paced” environment
More about this role
- Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, technology and computers, and music to students in a classroom, utilizing a course of study approved by school management and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instruct students in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials and provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Produce and teach an equivalent distance learning program (both synchronously or asynchronously) as deemed necessary.