This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a First Grade Homeroom Teacher to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Candidates must have a minimum of three years of classroom teaching experience.
- The candidate will have a proven record in teaching both language arts and mathematics, utilizing differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students.
- Candidates will have experience with the science of teaching reading and providing research based curricula to students.
- Knowledge of elementary developmental stages in general, and first grade specifically, required.
More about this role…
- Collaborate with colleagues including, grade level partners and assistant teachers.
- Candidates will also need to work closely with content specialist teachers and will have experience integrating content areas across class and content areas.
- Create a classroom that supports learners in becoming engaged, thoughtful, metacognitive learners that can make their thinking visible.