This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco area is seeking a PK SPECIALIST TEACHER to start January 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum 12 ECE units – required.
- Have experience teaching art, music, and movement to young children; professional or educational experience in one of these areas is a plus.
- Meet licensing experience requirements (i.e. have worked at least three hours/day for 50 days in an early childhood setting within the last two years).
- Be able to lift 40 lbs (the weight of the average preschool child).
More about this role…
- Work collaboratively with homeroom teachers in the day and afternoon programs to integrate specialist strands into projects.
- Lead, plan and implement an exciting, challenging, child-centered developmentally appropriate early childhood curriculum in art, science, music and large motor development.
- Supervise daily lunch and rest periods; field trips and other activities.
- Additionally, the Early Childhood Specialist Teacher may implement afternoon programming as a Lead Teacher in the Extended Care Program.