This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Seattle area, is seeking an Intermediate and Middle School Physical Education Teacher to begin August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A bachelor’s degree in physical education or related field. (master’s degree is preferred)
- 3 years of teaching experience.
- Experience implementing physical education curriculum is required.
- Academic or professional experience in gifted education, creative problem-solving, and inquiry-based education is preferred.
- Willingness to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement is preferred.
More about this role…
- The physical education teacher will be a member of the Intermediate School and Middle School faculty and report to the Intermediate School Head and Middle School Head.
- This position is ideal for the dynamic and knowledgeable teacher who is excited by the opportunity to provide an active learning environment in a departmentalized structure and has experience designing and implementing physical education curriculum.
- The teacher will work collaboratively with other teachers and content area specialists.
- Responsibilities also include supervision of students during on and off-campus school activities, participation in class outings and grade-level trips, both domestic and international, as well as attendance at faculty and department/grade level meetings.