This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Oakland area of CA is seeking an Interim Executive Director, for 8 to 12 months, to begin in December of 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), with a master’s degree in business, family therapy, or early childhood education (or equivalent) preferred.
- Five years of nonprofit organization leadership, including staff training and supervision. Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of early care and education.
- Understand the benefits of whole-child, developmentally-appropriate, play-based approach.
- General understanding of the context of a private, nonprofit center operating in the San Francisco Bay Area.
More about this role…
- Cultivate a community of mutual respect among staff, children and families.
- The capacity to skillfully communicate program goals to diverse audiences: staff, parents, and funders.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in collaborative teams, and show discretion in situations of delicate client concerns.
- Commitment to serving the broad diversity (including socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, family structures, and racial and ethnic) reflected in our community.