This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the San Francisco Bay Area is seeking an Early Childhood Educator for Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A love of elementary children and early childhood education
- Master’s degree and five years teaching experience with 4-6 year olds preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching and learning in a progressive, dynamic and responsive school community
- Demonstrated proficiency in educational technology
More about this role…
- Co-teach in our Kindergarten and Pre-Kindergarten classrooms, including early literacy, mathematics and social studies as a member of a several-person teaching team
- Implement the school’s social emotional curriculum, which is based in Responsive Classroom curriculum and approach
- Provide a hands-on, inquiry-based style of teaching that is responsive to individual students and meets the developmental needs of 4, 5 and 6 year olds
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collegial and highly collaborative teaching environment and to form strong relationships with colleagues, families and students