This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the greater Oakland Area is seeking an Math and Science Teacher (4th – 8th Grade) to start August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- 3+ years of experience as a lead teacher. Middle School Math experience required, Science is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s in Math or Science Education. Master’s in Education or Math preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred.
- Experience in IB, preferred.
More about this role…
- Provide a hands-on, inquiry-based learning experience.
- Backwards plan with big ideas, essential questions, knowledge, and skill goals.
- Differentiate instruction to accommodate all students.