This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Seattle Area seeks experienced High School Teachers to start at a new school in September 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in content area, or related to the teaching field.
- Master’s degree preferred for position in grades 7-12.
- Previous teaching experience, with a progressive, constructivist orientation.
- Experience with project and problem based learning.
- A willingness to participate in a community that looks for the strengths in all students rather than their deficits.
- An understanding of the needs of neurodiverse students. Training will be provided.
More about this role…
- Physical Education 7-12
- Math 9-12 (Algebra through Calculus)
- Humanities 9-12
- Science 9-12
- Comp Graphics / Studio Art 9-12
- Theater performance 7-12
- Programming 7-12 ( languages)