This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced English Teacher for parental leave position, February 2022 – June 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A bachelor’s degree in English Literature or a closely related field, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of three years’ full-time experience teaching English, six or more years preferred
- A demonstrable passion for literature, writing, and working with young people
More about this role…
- One section of Creative Writing (9th – 12th Grade)
- Two sections of AP English Language (11th Grade)
- Two sections of English 8 (8th grade)