This search is being conducted exclusvile by CalWest Educators Placement. Please contact the Search Consultant leading the search. The opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks a Head of Lower School Upper Elementary (4-6) for a July 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s degree or significant experience in education.
- Previous administrative experience w/line authority (Division Director, Academic Dean).
- Previous administrative experience requiring supervision, feedback and training.
- Background in curriculum and program design.
- Background in gifted and/or learning differences / neurodiverse.
- Background in counseling or other SEL training.
- Experience communicating, teaming and counseling with parents.
- Classroom teaching experience.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Commitment to personal and faculty professional development.
More about this role…
- Act as the educational leader of the school division, responsible for its day-to-day operation; to direct the activities of teachers and staff in the division.
- Function as the chief articulator of that division’s programs, expectations, behavioral guidelines, and other information necessary to ensure that all constituencies are fully informed consistent with their individual roles.
- Observe, supervise, and help evaluate the faculty in the development and implementation of curriculum; to supervise the teaching process, and to review and evaluate the academic programs.
- Provide an orderly, yet dynamic environment in which learning can take place, a school climate which is supportive and which reflects high morale.
- Establish programs for the orientation of new teachers, for in-service training of all teachers, and for the evaluation of classroom teachers, to ensure that teachers are familiar with and adhere to school policies in all areas of the school operation.