This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Middle School Language Arts Teacher for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree, English or related field; preference will be given to those with advanced degrees
- Background in teaching writing and a readiness to teach on occasion a high school elective
More about this role…
- Teach 7th and 8th grade language arts classes
- Create teacher-defined creative projects with the school’s rigorous analytical writing curriculum
- Teach thematic courses, with classwork focusing on close reading, critical thinking, seminar-based discussions, writing workshops, and creative engagements with a range of literatures