This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Santa Barbara area of CA is seeking a Director of Counseling to begin in October 2021 and for the 2022-2023 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Doctoral degree in counseling, psychology, psychiatry, or closely related field and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Licensed clinical psychologist, school psychologist, adolescent psychiatrist.
- Experience working with students from different backgrounds, cultures, and academic needs, including students with learning differences or giftedness.
- School counseling experience preferred.
More about this role…
- The Director of Counseling will oversee the School Counselor and collaborate with and direct adjunct and off-site counselors.
- The Director of Counseling will promote student success, provide preventative services, and respond to identified student needs using leadership, advocacy and collaboration.
- The Director of Counseling works closely with the medical director, director of campus life, the dean of students, the health center, and outside mental health practitioners to coordinate care.