This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Seattle Area seeks an experienced Middle School Science Teacher to start in August 2022.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- At least a bachelor’s degree in the sciences, and background in biology, physics, and chemistry.
- A master’s degree in the content area is preferred.
- At least three years of middle school teaching experience is required.
- Must have experience implementing integrated, lab-based science curriculum through inquiry-based teaching and creative problem-solving.
- Background experience in gifted education is ideal.
More about this role…
- Experience designing and implementing a middle-school science curriculum.
- Teach 6th-grade science and science electives, as well as preparing students for annual Engineering Event.
- Responsibilities include an advisory period, participation in faculty, department, and grade-level meetings, and supervision of students on off-campus school activities, including camps and trips.