This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the greater Portland area seeks an Upper School Division Head for a July 2022 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in appropriate field.
- 5 years’ teaching experience.
- Intercultural competence, ability to interact appropriately with persons of diverse backgrounds, ability to lead diverse teams, demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- General digital literacy; database skills, intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite, Google Suite and other web-based applications; Zoom, Skype, and other communication applications, appropriate to job duties, and ability to learn and adapt as digital tools evolve.
More about this role…
- Implement Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate with the Administrative Team.
- Collaborate with and advise the Admissions Office.
- Oversee the Upper School Budget.
- Collaborate with the Advancement Office.
- Recruit, orient, support, lead, supervise, evaluate.
- Provide pedagogic and curricular leadership.
- Promote professional growth and development.
- Maintain and develop the academic program and monitor academic standards.
- Integrate technology into the academic program and the function of the school.
- Collaborate with director of residential life and associate head of school to maintain and develop the Residential Life program.