This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area seeks an Executive Director for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA or MA; 24 Early Childhood Education units
- A minimum of five years of experience as a director in a non profit early childhood educational setting or school with direct evidence of leading successful licensing and accreditation processes
- Extensive early childhood in-classroom experience
- Operational, curriculum development, admissions, teacher coaching and mentoring, and fundraising experience
More about this role…
- Ensure the school has a long-range administrative strategy and work toward achieving goals, and develop organizational and financial plans in a consistent and timely way that prioritizes non profit organizational best practices.
- Promote active and broad participation of parent volunteers in all areas of the school’s work.
- Establish sound relationships and effective communication methods with parents, staff, other Directors and Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices, and prepare the annual budget in collaboration with the school board Treasurer and Finance Director.
- Develop outreach for fundraising opportunities and organize development strategies with alums, foundations and other agencies. Work with the Fundraising Board Chairs to ensure that the school’s mission is reflected in the fundraising events.
- Represent and promote the values of the school and its educational philosophy.
- Provide leadership, continuity and mentorship in developing curriculum with the Program Coordinators and staff to ensure that the school achieves its overall educational mission.