This opening calls for specific administration and teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Orange County Area seeks a Director to the Advanced Science & Engineering Program for an immediate opening.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA, in science, engineering or related field; Masters preferred.
- Previous experience as a Department Chair and/or Curriculum development a plus.
- Experience with IB/AP programs.
More about this role…
- Provide motivated students access to rigorous advanced science and math courses.
- Act as a mentor to students in the program to ensure and maximize success of students within the program. Examples of this include meeting with students, and checking in with their counselors.
- Oversee application processes of students into the program, work with counselors, Dean of Academics, and admission director.
- Oversee the transfer process of students into the program, work with counselors and department chairs.