This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks a High School ScienceTeacher for an immediate opening.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Minimum Degree: BA, Science; Masters preferred
- Certification/Teaching credentials preferred
- Minimum Experience:3-5 Years
- Prefer 3+ years teaching Science at a high school level
More about this role…
- Understanding and comfort implementing the Next Generation Science (NGSS) Standards
- Use a cross curricular, interdisciplinary approach and actively seek collaborative approaches with teachers within and outside the department.
- Is proactive in setting up a student centered classroom environment that goes beyond the lecture/regurgitation format.
- Embraces a growth mindset approach to education, helping students develop through trial and error.