This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking a Innovation Lab Facilitator (Grades 5 – 8) to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; a Teaching Credential is preferred.
- An education-related postgraduate degree, with coursework in computer science, media, or technology is preferred.
- Prior teaching experience in an educational technology capacity is strongly preferred, as is experience working with K-8 students.
More about this role…
- Maintain and coordinate the use of multimedia and innovation labs.
- Teach SmartLab courses and elective courses for middle school students.
- Communicate regularly with teachers and collaborate to integrate technology across the curriculum.
- Provide tech support to teachers and troubleshoot IT issues when necessary.
- Train and support staff and students in technology platforms essential to teaching and learning (Google Apps for Education, Veracross, etc.).
- Monitor the School’s Educational Technology software usage across grade levels.