This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Orange County Area is seeking a Middle School English Teacher to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in English from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience teaching middle school preferred.
- Knowledge of Lucy Calkins preferred.
More about this role…
- Implement the IB Middle Years Programme.
- Support and help to implement the St. Mary’s mission.
- Individual and/or small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of the student.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom within the limitations of class size and the resources provided.
- Evaluate each student’s academic and social growth and communicate with parents through a variety of means.