This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Orange County Area is seeking a Middle School Math Teacher to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience teaching mathematics, preferably with a middle school setting.
- International Baccalaureate (IB), inquiry and conceptual teaching experience preferred.
More about this role…
- Implement the IB Middle Years Programme.
- Provide instruction to students in Middle School mathematics, in addition to algebra.
- Establishing and maintaining standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom within the limitations of class size and the resources provided.
- Evaluating each student’s academic and social growth and communicating with parents through a variety of means.
- Helping identify student needs and cooperating with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students recognize health, attitude and learning problems.