This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks 5th-8th Grade Resident Teachers for Humanities, Math, and Science to start in August 2021. A two-year, full time commitment is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the openings (e.g. history, English, math, science, etc.)
- Experience working with children (informal or volunteer work is welcomed)
More about this role…
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher to implement curriculum and manage the classroom.
- Apply feedback to teaching practice.
- Attend grade level, faculty, and professional growth meetings.
- Co-advise 12-14 students and support the SEL program.