This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking a full-time Music Teacher to begin August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Experience teaching music in a classroom setting to students TK-8
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject area
- Preferred Orff Training and certification
- Masterful knowledge of the foundational skills in vocal music, basic instrumental music, pitch, rhythm and music notation
More about this role…
- Work cooperatively with the other music teacher to craft a comprehensive TK-8th grade program
- Develop and implement engaging and developmentally appropriate lessons that meet the needs of a wide range of learners
- Conceptualize theme and help direct the elementary spring show
- Promote the love for singing by working with our Elementary Chorus