This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks a Middle School STEM Guide (Teacher) to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (master’s or doctorate preferred) in STEM field (i.e. biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, computer science), education, instructional design, or other related field.
- (Preferred) 5 years of experience teaching STEM courses, such as Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math
More about this role…
- Develop and deliver Quests to Grade 6-8 students, which are interdisciplinary inquiry-based courses aligned to defined learning objectives that last approximately 7 weeks and take place five times per year.
- Quests are project-based and involve authentic assessment practices (culminations).
- The STEM Guide also serves as an advisor to a group of students, assists with delivering experiential programs on Wednesday afternoons, and helps deliver social-emotional lessons to students.