This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks an experienced K-8 Art Teacher to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Experience with children grades K-8
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant subject area, Master’s preferred
- Knowledge of drawing, painting, sculpture, and ceramic media (including kiln operation)
More about this role…
- Develop curriculum for grades K-8 geared to meet the needs of multiple levels of ability
- Work cooperatively with an assistant art teacher
- Work with teachers to incorporate cross curricular learning opportunities
- Conceptualize theme and installation of an annual school-wide art show