This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the San Francisco Bay Area seeks an experienced Lower School English Teacher to start August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s in education required, Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years as a Lead English teacher required. Experience as a lead K-6 teacher preferred.
- Experience with Guided Reading, writer’s workshop Framework (CELL), inquiry-based learning and subject integration preferred.
- PYP experience preferred.
More about this role…
- Plan lessons that encourage second language learning as an integrative process.
- Facilitate learning activities that foster critical thinking and technology skills.
- Plan units which explore broad human experiences from a range of perspectives.
- Address the needs of students with different levels and types of ability.