This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks a Director of Wellness & Athletics to begin in July 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in physical education, kinesiology, psychology, or related
- At least two years of instruction in physical education and in coaching middle, upper or collegiate teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of wellness practices, child and adolescent development, and nutrition
- First Aid / CPR / Professional Rescue / Pool Lifeguard Certifications required
More about this role…
- Lead the athletics and wellness faculty, coaches, and counselors to design, evaluate and revise wellness and athletic programs
- Serve as the department’s master teacher, coach, and counselor
- Guide coaches and teachers to create equitable and inclusive teams, classroom communities, and student experiences
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, hiring and retaining candidates in athletics and wellness
- Serve as an admissions ambassador at student recruitment events
- Collaborate to design, implement, and promote a K-12 health and wellness program
- Oversee the business of the department, maintaining records and paperwork, purchasing and maintaining equipment and uniforms, maintaining facilities, devising and tracking budgets, etc.