This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school. This search is being led exclusively by CalWest; all qualified candidates will be interviewed by a CalWest Search Consultant.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced Middle School Math Teacher to start August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Experience in mastery-based or standards-based grading and assessment methodologies is highly desired. We are a fully mastery-based school, so if the candidate does not have experience, they must be willing to learn.
- Experience/ability to teach from 6th grade through Geometry is preferred.
- Experience and interest in related STEM areas, including science, robotics, engineering, or coding is helpful, but not required.
- Single subject teaching credential in mathematics, and/or a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education are preferred.
More about this role…
- Must love kids, especially middle school students!
- Demonstrated success in the design of interactive and inquiry-based mathematics lessons, units, and assessments to ensure that all students can access and excel in the curriculum.
- Demonstrated ability to give strong feedback to students and parents about student learning.
- Strong desire for sustained professional learning in the teaching and learning of mathematics, and mastery-based learning.
- Highly collaborative spirit and willingness to be part of a team-oriented approach to learning across the school.