This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in San Francisco is seeking an experienced Academic Director to begin in July 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (masters or doctorate preferred)
- Leadership experience in a school or educational non-profit
- Experience with Middle School students preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in developmental-based education theory; social-emotional learning theory; and justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion theory and curriculum
More about this role…
- Define and codify an academic, social, and emotional curriculum map and standards that ladder to higher-order thinking and social and emotional competencies over three years, and which meets the CA common core standards
- Codify a school-wide pedagogical approach by using the well-being process as a key lens through which we deepen learning
- Work with the Head of School to ensure the school is on track to have aligned learning objectives, outcomes, and pedagogical approaches