This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s partner school in the Greater Los Angeles Area seeks an experience Elementary Lead Teacher to start in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree in Education preferred. Credential preferred
- 3-5 years of successful teaching as a lead teacher, with highly gifted children and/or at an independent school preferred
- Experience with Reading and Writing Workshop, Responsive Classroom, and conceptual based math pedagogy preferred
More about this role…
- Utilize best instructional practices, pedagogical approach, materials, and technology
- Demonstrate ability to build immediate and loving rapport with children, and a strong understanding of the academic, social, and emotional development of highly gifted children
- Work collaboratively with other teachers
- Demonstrate effective and respectful management of classroom culture using social-emotional learning skills and strategies
- Provide leadership and serve as a mentor