This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area seeks a Spanish Language Instructor. This position begins July 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s degree or Teaching Credential in Spanish Language or Literature, Second Language Acquisition
- At least three years’ experience teaching various levels of high school Spanish Language from from introductory to honors literature
- Knowledge of a variety of pedagogies and assessment methods, including project-based learning
- Ability and technical ability to teach both in person and via distance learning
More about this role…
- Teach all levels of Spanish Language from introductory to honors courses
- Integrate language, literatures and Latino/Hispanic cultures
- Work collaboratively in a team of teachers to develop and maintain alignment of the curricula, lesson plans, and assessments