This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an experienced School Counselor for an August 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- LCSW, LMFT, PsyD, or PhD.
- School counseling experience preferred.
More about this role…
- Provide short-term individual or group counseling for students. Advise and consult with parents as needed.
- Collaborate with the Dean of Students to support students, families, and faculty in crisis as needed.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing programs, such as advisory, grade-level retreats, and workshops, to promote community mental health.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of programs to address student health issues, including healthy relationships, intimacy, alcohol and drug education, nutrition, and self-care.
- Identify students who may need targeted or intensive services, and coordinate with the school psychologists and off-campus specialists.