This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an experienced Learning Specialist for an August 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience preferred.
More about this role…
- Provide short-term, one-on-one, and small-group learning support for students with learning differences.
- Collaborate with faculty and the student support team to identify students with learning differences. Provide and coordinate additional services, both with school faculty and outside specialists.
- Develop learning plans for students diagnosed with learning differences. Communicate plans with faculty and parents, to ensure consistent understanding and implementation.
- Facilitate and coordinate student accommodations for assessments (e.g. ACT and College Board).