This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles Area is seeking an experienced Journalism and Media Instructor (part time) for an August 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Degree in Journalism or related field
- At least 2 years experience in writing for print or online media
- Knowledge of the print production process for a newspaper or other publication
- Teaching, advising, or mentoring experience
- Experience in media technologies preferred: inDesign, WordPress, Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc.
- Public relations and or marketing skills preferred
More about this role…
- Advise the student newspaper
- Co-advise the broadcast news club
- Teach middle school Introduction to Publications