This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Music Teacher beginning in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree in Music or Education preferred. Credential preferred.
- Musical skill competency, including the ability to sing and play multiple instruments.
- Experience with and understanding of children in grades 2-8 who learn differently.
More about this role…
- Teach 2nd through 6th grade music classes in an engaging, developmentally appropriate way.
- Teach electives to middle school students each quarter, including two quarters of musical theater elective and two music-related classes of your choosing.
- Develop and support a curriculum that provides a balanced approach to music education, including singing, playing instrumental music, creative movement, and performance.
- Plan, rehearse, and direct students in annual school performances in collaboration with the Movement teacher.
- Work in collaboration with other Specialty Team members to support student needs and promote cross-curricular collaboration.