This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an experienced Technology and Makerspace Teacher for an August 2, 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in educational technology, Master’s degree in education preferred
- Experience with highly gifted elementary students preferred
- Experience in facilitating a school makerspace and coaching First Lego League robotics preferred
More about this role…
- Teach a course load of technology and makerspace/design thinking courses using project-based learning methods, primarily to Lower School students
- Serve as a member of the Innovation and Technology Team to support K-8 programming and provide guidance to staff in the implementation of technology and innovative practices
- Expand makerspace, robotics, and computational thinking opportunities for students through breakout sessions and classroom-integrated curricular experiences