This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Los Angeles area is seeking an experienced Middle School English Teacher for an August 2, 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field, Master’s degree in education preferred
- Successful teaching experience in middle or secondary school, preferably with highly gifted children
More about this role…
- Teach two Upper School (5-8) levels of English
- Collaborate and design English classes and curriculum together with the Director of Inclusivity, Equity, and Community, division head, department chair, and division colleagues, as well as other faculty throughout all grade levels
- Advise 12-14 students and support the SEL program
- Design English electives and mini-workshop classes
- Write personal/academic recommendations of students for their matriculation to secondary schools