This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in Northern California is seeking an experienced Dean of Faculty and Academics (exact title TBD) for a July 1, 2021 start date.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field required. Doctoral degree strongly preferred.
- Two or more years of experience as an academic administrative leader is required, preferably in an independent school.
- Classroom experience is required.
- Bilingual in formal written and verbal fluency in Spanish and English.
- International Baccalaureate and Advance Placement experience is preferred.
More about this role…
- Develop and implement a process for faculty professional development.
- Develop, guide, and oversee the school’s Education Technology Program.
- Develop and establish programs for the orientation of new teachers in collaboration with the Principals and department.
- Serve as a consultant to teachers in all matters of teaching, learning, and assessments.
- Regularly meet and/or communicate with parents regarding school activities and programs.
- Supervise Substitute Teacher Staff in collaboration with Principals.
- Responsible for new faculty onboarding and mentoring programs.
- Participate and assist in the admission process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.