This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area is seeking a Technology Integration Specialist & Makerspace Teacher beginning in the 2021-2022 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s in Education or Educational Technology preferred)
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of children in grades 2-8
- Teaching experience at the elementary and middle school level working with children with dyslexia and related learning differences
- High level of proficiency with educational technology
- Knowledge of current pedagogical strategies and technology trends
More about this role…
- Provide strategic leadership, vision, and direction around technology integration within the academic program.
- Be an inspirational leader of educational technology best practices to the faculty, students, and staff by serving as a role model for creativity, innovation, and experimentation.
- Support teachers in developing basic technological competencies such as navigating Google Drive and Outlook, and utilizing iPads, laptops, and SMART Boards.
- Support, model, and encourage effective use of technology for teaching and learning with an emphasis on project-based learning and innovation in the classroom.
- Create learning resources for students, teachers, and staff, such as instructional videos and tutorials.
- Develop, coordinate, and/or teach workshops for instructional technology applications and assist faculty in group and one-on-one settings as needed.
- Identify and implement new trends in educational technology, curriculum, and teaching strategies into work with faculty, staff, and students.
- Collaborate with the Technology Coordinator and program team to provide family education on topics such as the iPad, Blackbaud (learning management system), and other educational programs and apps.
- Manage Makerspace scheduling, materials, and equipment.
- Teach Makerspace elective classes for middle school students.
- Take the lead in designing academically rigorous Makerspace projects independently and in collaboration with subject-area teachers.