This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a Middle School Spanish Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA in Spanish or in a related field required. A Master’s in education or Language Arts is strongly preferred.
- Three or more years of experience teaching as a lead teacher required.
- Bilingual English-Spanish is preferred.
- Experience and training in PYP, MYP and/or IB Diploma is preferred.
More about this role…
- Deep knowledge of Spanish language and language acquisition pedagogies for advanced, beginner, and intermediate learners.
- Foster positive interactions and teach useful social skills.
- Activate students’ prior knowledge and hook their interest in each unit and lesson.
- Provide clear criteria for proficiency, including rubrics and exemplars of work.
- Complete paperwork, duties, and assignments accurately and punctually.