This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a Middle School Homeroom and Humanities Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Valid teaching credential (Special Education certification or Master’s Degree)
- Three to five years of classroom teaching experience
- Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent children: Grades 6-8
- Understanding of interactive multisensory instructional strategies
- Training in a structured reading and literacy program such as Wilson, Slingerland, Orton Gillingham, or Lindamood Bell
More about this role…
- Using direct instruction, the teacher will implement differentiated instructional activities in both small and whole group settings that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs.
- Maintain effective and efficient documentation.
- Use classroom management systems that are effective with students with learning differences.
- Work in a collaborative professional learning environment.
- Serve as an advisor for a small group of students, work to support their academic and social-emotional needs, serving as the liaison between the school and advisee’s family.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, teaching partners, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, parents, peers, and the community.
- Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating, and planning.