This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco Bay area is seeking a 8th Grade Homeroom and Middle School Math Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- Valid teaching credential
- Experience with and understanding of adolescent children in grades 6-8
- Three to five years of classroom teaching experience
- Knowledge of multi-sensory teaching methodologies
More about this role…
- Partner with homeroom co-teacher to lead daily advisory meetings with 8th grade students.
- Provide direct, differentiated instruction in small math groups for students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and learning needs.
- Use classroom management systems that are focused on students’ social emotional needs.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are able to engage actively in meaningful learning experiences.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents, teachers, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborate regularly and effectively with grade level teammates and other math teachers within the middle school.
- Model professional and ethical standards when working with students, families, and colleagues.