This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest client school in the Greater Los Angeles, CA area seeks a High School Humanities Teacher with experience teaching contemporary and ancient societies and cultures from around the globe, American and World Literature, U.S. History, Psychology, Applied Economics, Government, and more.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- BA, History or related field (A master’s degree and teaching credential are preferred)
- Embrace working with high school students, especially 9th and 10th graders, with enthusiasm
- Have teaching experience in an interdisciplinary humanities course, or in both social sciences and language arts
- Experience teaching courses or content expertise in global studies and/or Literature
More about this role…
- Cultivate strong and collegial relationships with all community members in a culturally responsive manner..
- Embrace the school’s culture as an engaged, energetic, and thoughtful community member.
- Seek to know, understand and serve the social-emotional needs of the whole child
- Use strong pedagogical skills and depth of content expertise to design meaningful learning experiences that foster a passion for learning in students
- Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to the reflective, iterative nature of teaching and thus seek continuous growth and development as a lifelong learner.
- Practice culturally responsive pedagogy.
- Best practices from both traditional, teacher-guided learning and project-based learning respectively.