This opening calls for specific administration qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater Seattle area seeks a Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to begin in July 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- A master’s degree in a related discipline is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional work experience as a DEI practitioner in a K-12 school setting
- Strong written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills are required
- Must be highly skilled in facilitating small to large group discussions
- Demonstrated ability to manage school DEI initiatives as well as build community relationships is also required.
More about this role…
- Work closely with head of school and school leadership to build systems that support inclusion and belonging of all social identities;
- Provide internal and external professional development opportunities for faculty in culturally responsive pedagogy;
- Provide internal and external DEI educational opportunities students and families;
- Design, implement, and support educational, cultural, and social programs that celebrate diversity and foster inclusion and belonging for students, parents, families, and employees;
- Develop student leadership in areas relating to diversity, equity and inclusion. Attend and participate in local, regional, and national conferences and workshops related to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Keep current on best practices through professional development opportunities;
- Collaborate with the director of admissions in the recruitment and retention of students of color and their families;
- Collaborate with school leadership in the recruitment and retention of employees of color;
- Oversee school’s diversity, equity & inclusion curriculum contained in the K-8 Synapse program;
- Teach DEI lessons in fourth and fifth grade Synapse classes. Guide and model DEI lessons in the lower school and middle school;
- Other duties as assigned.