This opening calls for specific teaching qualifications set by the school.
CalWest’s client school in the Greater San Francisco area seeks a part time Spanish Teacher to begin in August 2021.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and/or other educational requirements listed on the job description
- Requisite skills commensurate with the position
- A reasonable commuting distance to the CalWest client school, or a willingness to relocate
- Relevant, recent experience
- Authorization to live and work in the United States
- At least 3 years’ experience teaching Spanish, preferably to middle-school students.
- Fluent or native speaker of Spanish.
- Experience designing, developing and implementing curriculum
- (Preferred) Experience with mindfulness or social-emotional learning
- (Preferred) Experience with project-based learning and other progressive pedagogical practices
More about this role…
- teach Spanish language classes to Grade 6-8 students with a progressive and interactive teaching style
- create as close to an “immersion” environment as possible within the classroom by speaking largely or exclusively in Spanish to students
- teach three 50 minute periods on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Courses currently offered include Spanish 1, Spanish 2, and Spanish 3